Thursday, February 23, 2017

STATEMENT ART - WHAT IF? ( for our HOMELESS )

"Statement Art" 
“What If this Were You?” 
32” x 40” Mixed Media on Canvas
© Morningwhispers Art(Victoria Potter)
Some years driving back from Toronto.. from the bus terminal. In a busy city I was stopped at a very busy intersection, where high rises and many people coming and going. At the corner laid a old man with white hair and a yellow blanket holding up a flimsy hat to collect change…, it appeared that the hat was empty. As I sat there .. approaching closer to him at the street lights.. my thoughts were "why are all those people.. men .. woman and children just walking by this 70’ish ole man..and not dropping even a quarter ..into his hat" knowing he is homeless… and a bright yellow blanket you could not miss… his white hair.. and ole frail hands…how could YOU miss him? I scrambled for money to … jump out and give him .. but the lights and the traffic.. would not ‘stop flowing.. and there was no where for me to pull over… All the way home… I thought about this…and it .. made me so sad… that a world we live in…. could just step over him…. Walk by him as if “he” didn’t exist…. I told my son about this and he suggested .. this idea to paint it ...to add BILLBOARDS,… to make a STATEMENT…. and this is my Statement… now.. The Billboards say…within this painting that I created… What if This Was YOU? What if this was YOUR Dad? What if this was YOU Son? Please Stop Homelessness….!!! The Homeless Are NOT who you Think – 1 in 5 people are children What Do YOU see When YOU look at Me? What if this was YOU? and YOU had No Shoes.. a daily Survival Item… Don’t Just Walk By… GIVE BACK!!! The building are made from the Obituaries Line with the deaths.. of people.. to make you SEE that… if everyone stopped caring… this could be The last statement… written in the newspaper…about you… your Dad.. or even your son… The man that I have made bigger standing near him… his pants say… CHANGE… and his shoe signed "STEP UP" .. Instead of the man .. I seen that.. day holding his hat.. that was empty.. I wanted to have him hold a sign That says WE NEED CHANGE… for me that means… A CHANGE of .. our hearts… and a simple quarter per person Can make a difference .. in this world… please GIVE BACK… Some people.. have lost a job.. a loved one.. and there was no .. where to turn but to the streets… so If we all considered.. that every person.. was just a lazy bum… no one… would ever see some.. that are … down in their luck and no place to go… please have a heart… and GIVE BACK… You’ll never know.!! ONE DAY it could be YOU!!!!

Morningwhipers Art on Facebook 
https://www.facebook.com/MorningwhispersArt/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf
Morningwhispers Art Web Page
http://morningwhispers.webs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment